Parent Organization: UNC-Chapel Hill
The following numbered statements represent the specific goals of Carolina R.I.S.E. In totality, these goals represent the overarching vision that Carolina R.I.S.E. and its community partners hold.
- Carolina R.I.S.E will strive to cultivate and present the images of successful, self-identified minority students on campus to students, new and existing alike, as well as surrounding community members.
- Carolina R.I.S.E. shall provide self-identified minority students with resources that will allow them to succeed academically while also presenting them the opportunity to build social networks intended to facilitate career success.
- Carolina R.I.S.E. intends to create a culture of support for new and existing students on this campus, whether it be academics or personal issues.
The main aspects of our organization include:
- Hosting biweekly study groups in Union Room 3409 every other Thursday from 6-8pm
- Hosting a Speaker Series which consists of prominent Alumni and other individuals associated with the university and surrounding community speaking and networking with undergrads
- The Our Women Committee tackles various issues, systems, and structures that impact women of color on campus and within larger communities
- The First Year Committee works toward helping students of color adjust to Carolina life academically, socially, and culturally
- The Service Leadership Committee organizes a number of community service projects, and also mentoring local Middle School and High School Students
- Other activities with other on (and off) campus organizations
If any of this interests you, then please contact us! We would love to have you!